- Friday, January 19
- Saturday, January 20
- Details to come
Zaxby's Spirit Night
Winter Zaxby’s Spirit Night
- 4-7 PM Wed, Jan 24th
- 2756 Sandy Plains Rd
Thurs, Feb 8th
Spring Trip Hub
DC Spring Trip Information
- March 7 – 11th, 2018
- Trip Cost $725 / person
- Oct 20th Payment#1 (non-refundable deposit)
Payments may be made on the website through PayPal, or if you prefer, via check.
Be a chaperone! Chaperones pay the student rate, double occupancy! Join the fun! Please email the orchestra directors ASAP to express interest at email@example.com
The orchestra has been invited to perform in Washington D.C. and observe a rehearsal with the United States Army Orchestra (Pershing’s Own) and receive an exclusive clinic at George Mason University.
Get all the details: Orchestra DCTrip Letter
Spring Trip Forms
Paying for the Trip
The LHSOA is accepting payments for the orchestra’s DC Spring Trip by check or PayPal.
Payments are spread over four payments due on Oct 20th, Nov 17th, Dec 15th, and Final payment on Feb 16th.
Payment by Check
Payment coupons for those paying by check:
- Make checks Payable to LHSOA
- Fill out payment coupon and detach [2018 DC Payment Coupons_vFinalV2]
- Place check with payment coupon in envelope & place in LHSOA Dropbox at front of Orchestra Room
Payments by Credit Card
- Payments by credit card include Trip payment and a credit card processing fee from Paypal
- Important: 1) Choose the Payment Number and 2) Include the Student’s Name in box below
Pay by PayPal Here
Latest Blog News
ZAXBY’S ORCHESTRA SPIRIT NIGHT Come out & support your orchestra! WEDNESDAY JANUARY 24th 4:00-7:00 PM 2756 Sandy Plains Rd (near Post Oak Tritt Rd) Bring the whole family and invite your friends for dinner & a concert, featuring: Trivia contests! Games! Prizes!...read more
Dear Principals, Music, and Art Teachers, Once again it is time for the East Cobb Kiwanis Club Art and Music Showcase for 2018. As many of you know, this is the 10th year for the showcase. We hope to have many music contestants and Art entries for this year's...read more
I wanted to take this opportunity to let you all know about KSU’s String Day, which is a combination of our previously separate Violin Day, Viola Day, Cellobration, and Bass Fest. This event is open to middle and high school string instrumentalists of all levels with...read more
LHSOA Information and Forms
Orchestra Uniform Info and Order Forms
There are 2 Lassiter Orchestra Uniforms:
- One is for formal attire for concerts;
- The other is a t-shirt for a more casual setting such as performances around the school and non-formal concerts.
Formal Orchestra Uniform Information
GUYS: Guys wear a basic black tuxedo for performances. Lassiter High School Orchestra musicians are required to own concert formal attire for concerts.
- It consists of a black tuxedo, white shirt, black socks and black dress shoes.
The Boy’s Formal Tuxedo Order form information: 2017-2018 LHSOA Boys Tuxedo (Poly Notch Package) Order Form
GIRLS: Girls wear a black EZ fit gown for performances. Lassiter High School Orchestra musicians are required to own concert formal attire for concerts.
- It consists of the same short sleeve EZ Fit black gown worn in the past, black hosiery and black closed toe pumps.
- Middle School gowns that are similar in appearance may be used. (Check with Carol Doemel)
- Please note that sandals and clogs are not permitted.
If a new dress is needed, parents/guardians will need to purchase formal attire for your student.
- Girl’s “Formal Ava Gown” Ordering form Information: 2017-2018 LHSOA Girls Formal Gown Order Form
Casual Orchestra Uniform Information for Guys and Girls
- The 2016-2017 Unisex Casual attire (T-Shirt) order form: 2017-2018 LHSOA Casual Uniform Order Form
2017 -2018 Orchestra Important Dates
Please keep up to date with LHSOA trips, events, concerts, and rehearsals using our real-time calendar page, ical event feed or by our printable calendar.
1) A real-time event calendar is available for viewing at LHSOA Calendar. This calendar is updated automatically from Charms and reflects all of our latest plans for this school year
2) You can also subscribe to our calendar using our ical feed to Outlook, Apple ical, or Google calendar from our real-time calendar page
- Go into the Settings on your iPhone
- Touch “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Under Accounts, touch “Add Account”
- On the Add Account screen, touch “Other”
- Under Calendars, touch “Add Subscribed Calendar”
- For the Server value, enter the URL of the public calendar: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/calsynct.asp?s=LHSOrch
- Under “Other Calendars” click the Add link.
- Select “Add by URL”
- Enter the following URL: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/calsynct.asp?s=LHSOrch
- Click “Add Calendar”
- Google will begin to sync your calendar, and it will appear on the screen.
- Click “Settings”
- Change the long name of the new calendar to something you will remember such as “Charms Calendar”
- Your phone should automatically be set to sync with your Google calendar.
- On your phone: Click on “Calendar”, then bring up the settings for the calendar. Click on Calendar Sync. You should see your google account listed already. Make sure Auto-Sync is checked.
3) A Fridge/Bulletin Board Acrobat PDF version which you can download and print
- LHSOA 2017-2018 Calendar for download: 20180113 LHSOA Schedule
- Dates, times and event details will continue to be updated as information is known.
- The printed calendar will be updated as needed to reflect the latest changes in our schedule
LHSOA Info & Bylaws
Student Syllabus, Forms, and Handbook
2017-2018 LHSO Syllabus: Lassiter Orchestra Syllabus 17-18
Forms for students:
- Cobb County Schools permission to display student Photograph/name (optional): Form_JG1-1
REMIND CLASS UPDATE (TEXT 81010)
- Freshman Philharmonic Text 81010 and write: @freshphil
- Sinfonia Text 81010 and write: @lhssinfo
- Chamber II Text 81010 and write: @lhscham2
- Chamber I Text 81010 and write: @lhscham1
- Lassiter DC Tour – Text 81010 and write @lhsodc
Travel Forms for Students
For Spring Trip specific forms please look above in the Spring Trip Hub
- Blank Permission Form for Field Trips: Form_IFCB-3
- Blank Permission to Participate in One Day Field Trips: Form_IFCB-4
- Blank Permission to Participate in Overnight Field Trips: Form_IFCB-6
- Medical History and Release Form: IFCB-5 Medical History Permission and Release Form
- Chaperone Fingerprinting & Background Check BACKGROUND CHECK CONSENT FORM